CURAC: Best Practices Roundtables & Annual General Meeting
Best Practices Roundtables & Annual General Meeting
June 16, 2022, 12:30 - 15:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event is in two parts. The Roundtable Discussions & Plenary Sessions on Best Practices will start at 12:30 pm. It will be followed by the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at 2:00 pm. Everyone is invited to attend both meetings.
12:30 pm – CURAC Best Practices Roundtables
Breakout Rooms Participants will be divided into breakout rooms to provide more opportunity for discussion.
- A moderator and a recorder will be selected ahead for each breakout room
- The moderator and/or recorder will review the notes and will report on the discussion at the plenary session.
- There will be as many breakout rooms in French and English as needed.
- Each breakout room will have only two questions to address to allow for a more in-depth discussion.
1. Members Retainment and Recruitment
How to attract and retain members and recruit volunteers on the board.
2. Lessons Learned from the Pandemic
What activities create the best interest/participation: virtual, hybrid, in-person?
3. Campus Relationships
How do you create and maintain productive relationships with:
a. Your Institution
b. Associations & Unions.
4. Value of a Retiree Association
How to ensure that retiree associations are relevant to their members? What are the benefits of Retiree Associations? Why would retirees participate in your association?
1:30 pm – Plenary Session on Best Practices
A report on the Best Practices Roundtable from each Breakout Room will be presented.
2:00 – 3:00 pm – CURAC/ARUCC Annual General Meeting